Monday, September 04, 2006

Drivers Bug me

You see it everyday. People cruising down the road talking on their cell phones not paying attention to the road. I was told when I moved down here from Anchorage Alaska that Phoenix drivers are the worst. Mind you I have driven all over the world, and I have to say, driving here in Phoenix can be a challenge at times. I was amazed to being passed when I was driving what I thought was the speed limit of 65 mph. I was being passed like I was sitting still. My only question is, where is everyone going in such a hurry? Is there really anything that you need to get to that quick? And if so, why didn't you leave earlier?
I am glad to see the enforcement of the Red Light running Cameras that have been popping up here in the valley, and another favorite is the Speed Cameras on the 101. But all these little technological gadgets still don't seem to be making a dent in the speeders and red light runners that just annoy the crap out of me.
Since I have driven in other countries I see that the U.S. really has a problem. Driving etiquette is really lacking here in the United States. People here drive very aggressively and look out only for themselves. Drivers in the United States, especially Phoenix, should learn a lesson from countries such as Europe where they see driving as a privledge and driver etiquette is seen every day and the roadways of Europe are driver friendly.

Read more from Phoenix drivers in this blog.
http://www.azcentral.com/blogs/index.php?blog=265&blogtype=News

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home