Monday, September 10, 2007

The Waiting Game

There is an old saying in the Air Force "Hurry up and Wait". Well that is what I am doing right now. I have submitted my package to cross train into the Command Post career field. Although I like my current field it is that time in my career to do something different. I am currently waiting for a letter from my Commander to give me the go ahead on this process. Everything else is in and just waiting on that final piece of paper. Man let me tell you that this is the most nerve racking part of the process, well that and awaiting final approval from the folks in TX that give me the ultimate go ahead. But during this time I just sit here and listen to The Clash and think of days past and look forward to what could possibly be a new job.
Cross training into this career field opens so many bases for me because basically every base has a command post. I would love to get back overseas, but closer to the east coast would sufice.

Other than that watching Rugby on TV and hoping that the All Blacks (New Zeland's Team) takes the World Cup this year, and waiting for the first Bengals game tonight is all my day consists of. That and these senseless ramblings. Your Tax dollars -- hard at work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home